If you are a Glasgow landlord you are responsible for all gas appliances in the rented property, you must ensure that all gas appliances are maintained and checked annually, all properties that are rented out by a landlord or letting agent require a landlord gas safety certificate otherwise known as a ( CP12 ) certificate, this can only be carried out by a suitably qualified gas safe registered engineer, it is your duty as a landlord to make sure you have a valid certificate no matter what length of time you are letting out your property, failing to have this certificate in place can lead to a fine or in extreme cases a jail sentence.
At Glasgow boiler repairs we have many years of experience dealing with letting agents and private landlords in the Glasgow & Cumbernauld area, we can arrange to book in a suitable time with your tenant even if it's at the weekends, we work for some of Glasgow's biggest letting agents and know how important it is to deal with these certificates in a timely manner before they are due to expire, we often have to collect keys from letting agents as tenants work during the day so we can also provide key collection from the letting agent, we provide landlord gas safety certificates in the Glasgow area from as little as £45, we can also negotiate a better price for numerous properties.
We have the most up to date tools and software to do landlord gas safety certificates from the minute we receive the call to our office in Glasgow we can book a convenient time with your tenant, we will make sure our engineer arrives on site at the time agreed, we will keep you informed if any issues occur during the process, we will then send you a copy of the certificate direct to your email, this process saves paperwork getting lost and you will always have a copy in your email's
What's involved in a landlord gas safety certificate ?
1. We receive the call to our Glasgow office.
2. We book in a suitable appointment with your tenant.
3. Arrive on site and discuss at arranged time.
4. Tightness test of gas pipework and meter to ensure no gas leaks present.
5. Visual inspection of chimney/ flue ( if chimney this will involve lighting smoke pellet in catchment area
6. Burner pressure and gas rate of gas appliance to make sure it is burning okay.
7. Check operation of all safety devices to ensure they are operating correctly.
8. Make sure there is sufficient ventilation in property for gas appliance.
9. Combustion analyser reading, this will check your appliance is burning okay and can often tell if there are any breaks in the flue system.
10. Open any inspection hatches where installed to check integrity of flue system.
11. Fill out landlord gas safety inspection ( CP12 ) and leave a copy in property.
We currently carry out gas services and landlord gas safety inspections for a large number of letting agents in Glasgow including Your move, Countrywide, Slater Hogg, Clyde Lettings and Vanilla Square.
Glasgow Boiler Repairs
3 Lamlash Square
0141 766 1511
Emergency contact 07850427001